Monday, July 12, 2010

Where It Began


Accounting?? It all started in accounting! Yeah I know what you are thinking, how can something so good start in something so bad, well that is what I was thinking. Well the truth is that I, Molly, failed accounting back in my sophomore year of college. So thinking I could do better I randomly decided this last fall semester that I would try it again.
Well I just slumped into class everday and sat in the second row on the left side...you know how you sit in the same spot everyday you go to that class...well thats what I would do. I'd look around to see my options and people watch a little bit. I didn't have a very good range of site cause I sat a bit too close to the front. Well one day I pulled a 180 look and there sat this hunk in the back row, sorry Brandon not you, but Matt. I wondered to myself how I never noticed this kid before in this class because he was definitaly the best looking guy in that class!
It was time to make my move. I couldn't just continue sitting in that same spot the whole time! I had to tak the iniciative. I had to come up with a reason too! I couldn't just randomly all the sudden sit in the way back row that only really had three spots! So one day I decided to just go sit up there and make the excuse that I was tired that day and I needed to sit in the back row just in case I fell asleep. It worked. I was in!
Didn't know that the guy that I just had to go sit by and meet was going to be my future husband! I started to actually get ready for the day from then on out. If you know me you know that I could just get out of bed, throw some clothes on, put my hair up and go to school. Well once I started sitting up there I'd do the normal girl routine, shower, makeup, actually take time to pick something cute out, blow dry and straighten my hair, all of it. Man it was hard work but I guess it paid off. Matt actually admitted that he noticed that I would actually get ready for class! Whoops!! Ha!
I ended up sitting up there everyday from then on out. At first it was me, Brandon, then Matt. Matt and I would kinda flirt even though Brandon was in the middle of us(sorry Brandon). One day I showed up and Brandon was sitting in the end spot and the seat next to Matt was open. I got a bit giddy, I would say like a 3rd grade girl, maybe 4th, but from then on out I don't know how much of accounting was actually learned during class. I was such a horrible distraction to Matt. I would talk nonstop, laugh, joke, poor guy had no chance in that class!
Little Matt didn't really do anything to make our relationship but don't worry I was on top of it. I had to do it all. I pulled the whole, oh I don't know how to do this we should study...that worked. Then it went to the, well maybe we should hang out other then in class....that worked. Oh but then he asked me out to our first date, so eventually he got the drift.
Even before we were sort of dating, I had a few guys that I was hanging out with and anytime I would talk about them to my roommates I would have little nicknames for them, there was rock climbing boyfriend, bearded boyfriend, old boyfriend, then my favorite accounting boyfriend. I even went to general conference a few weekends before we started hanging out and I showed my mom his picture and told her that he was going to be mine. Yeah if I have my mind set, I follow through. Call it what you want, maybe just a bit stubborn, but whatever it is it worked and I couldn't be happier that it did.
P.S. I actually passed accounting!

3 comments:

  1. OH you guys are so cute. Even though I've heard this story it alwas makes me laugh to hear it again!!! You two are perfect and I'm so freakin excitedfor you guys!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It is totally Matt! Cant wait to hang out girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Amy was always giving me updates because I was suppose to be a roommate you know :(Love you Molly I'm so happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete