Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"And I Love Basketball"

I told you basketball was a whole other story with our relationship and really it is....you wouldn't think that there is much I could post about Matt, I and basketball but oh there is plenty...

One of the first times we hung out I was over at the guys house and what happened to be on, the first Jazz game of the season. Well folks they seemed to be playing the wrong team for us to start out a healthy relationship. They were playing the Denver Nuggets, my personal favorite team. Yes I know all you Utahans(or whatever you are) are a little angry right now but let me explain myself. I am from Sheridan Wyoming, born and raised, as you might know Wyoming doesn't quite have professional sports teams so my town always roots for Colorado, which includes the Denver Nuggets. Yes I know I've lived in Utah for 4 years so I should have converted to the Jazz and I have slightly. I like the Jazz, but when they are playing the Nuggets I just can't cheer for them.

So there I was sitting with all the guys while they were screaming at the top of their lungs at the Jazz, and I may have let it slip that I was a Nuggets fan!! Big mistake! I was shunned from the start! I'm sure Matt had to rethink every single situation once he found out that I was cheering against his team and for a team that he pretty much hates. But oh who won that night....NUGGETS!

Being the nice boyfriend he was(now he's just an amazing fiance) he agreed to take me to my first professional basketball game and it turns out that I picked Jazz vs. Nuggets. Me being the nice girlfriend I tried to be, bought him a Jazz jersey for his birthday so he could wear it to the game. He informed me if he even heared a cheer or a peep for the Denver Nuggets that I was going to be dangled off the railing. Oh how I wish I had had a Nuggets jersey at the time but I was too scared he would dump me if I had worn one. So I played it safe!


Oh did I mention the Nuggets won that game too! Well a while went by and here comes another Jazz Nuggets game and I decided that we should probably go to that one too. By this time I had a pretty good hold on the relationship and the team rivalry could begin. I made sure to find a Nuggets jersey that I could wear to the game to counteract his Jazz jersey that I knew he would be wearing! Oh the looks we got. The old man at the door that took our tickets just kept looking back and forth at us and shaking his head. Finally he said, "Now how does this work out." I just looked at him and said, "Let's not talk about it." Oh I had the funnest time cheering for the Nuggets and being the only one for miles that was doing so!! Ends up when I finally support my team we actually lose but oh well it was fun getting Matt all riled up!

We have had plenty good times watching and enjoying basketball and a bit of friendly competition between our teams and which one is better. In the end, Matt being the most wonderful man ever game me the greatest Valentines present of all time! My very own jersey...




1 comment:

  1. oh you guys are so perfect!!! im am so freaking excited for you!! we need to talk soon

    ReplyDelete